Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Camera Research

Hi guys, 

So, today I had my SAT and I really don't feel like doing anything else besides sleeping, but I must keep you guys up to date on what's happening! 


I never really mentioned what we were going to use to film. The camera we are using isn't the most professional one, but it is good and our only option besides our iPhones. 

We are using the Nikon COOLPIX P500. Since it's my dad's I haven't really gotten the chance to use it that much besides for taking family pictures. 






With that being said, I have no idea what features it has for filming. Although, this doesn't pertain only to this camera, I did some research on how to do shallow focus. It's something that Mariana and are considering of trying for parts of the opening. From reading this article, it seems pretty simple, I tried playing around with the aperture and zooming in. I failed a couple of times, so I'm not sure if its a good idea to do it for the opening. 

Tomorrow we are finally filming!!! I am so happy, yet nervous. I hope everything goes as planned. We have our actress, location, camera and determination to get this done. Wish us luck!:)




Hyman, I. (2016, December 08). Depth of Field in Your Video: Why and How to Use It. Retrieved April 05, 2017, from http://www.izzyvideo.com/depth-of-field/

Hicks, L. (2013, August 16). FPT: How to Create Depth of Field. Retrieved April 05, 2017, from http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/howto/fpt-how-to-create-depth-of-field/

No comments:

Post a Comment